Roberto Saviano , the writer of the book Gomorrah, recently appeared in Milano at the Feltrinelli Bookshop, where he gave his 10 reason as to why it is worth staying alive, I would like to think it is a little bit tongue in cheek, as number 4 is likely to lose him a few fans in England , this man certainly likes to dice with danger.
Here is a list of 10 things that makes Mr. Saviano want to stay alive:
1) Bufala Mozzarella from Aversana. I don’t think we can argue with that one uhmmm and I am sure he will have a free supply from this day on.
2) Billy Evans playing Love Theme from Spartacus. He is of course allowed his personal opinion, if it keeps him going who are we to snicker. Spartacus was in his eyes a rebel of his time fighting the Camorra.
3) Take you best friend to see the tomb of Raffaello Sanzio and read the Latin inscription ignored by many. Ok, that will take some planning folks, as it is found in the Pantheon (Rome) under the statue of The Madonna by Lorenzetto. I will help you out though, here goes: “Ille hic est Raffael, timuit quo sospite vinci, rerum magna parens et moriente mori.” Meaning: “Here lies that famous Raphael by whom Nature feared to be conquered while he lived, and when he was dying, feared herself to die.” courtesy of Wikipedia. Now you just need to decide on which best friend to take with you to Rome.
I know, I am up in arms myself, we need to let this go, the man has been under a lot of stress and is still under police protection, I am sure he did not mean that !
5) L’Iliade. The Liiad the son of Llion or Song of Llium attributed to Homer, Trojan war.
6) Bob Marley singing Redemption Song wearing his headphones walking along reading a book…… I know I am not over 4 myself but let it go, we all love Bob Marley , right?.
7) Throw yourself in at the deep end, the very deep no deepest end of the sea. Metaphorically speaking I hope he means the deep-sea that is life, unless you are a strong swimmer.
8 ) Dreaming of your return home after you were forced to stay away for a long, long time.
10) After a day in which “they” collected signatures against you. You open the computer and find an e-mail from your brother , who says, “I am proud you. ” You just cannot beat brotherly love.
The following clip gives you a chance to hear this in Italian.